Wednesday, December 14, 2005

So thats why there is no Disneyland Mexico City...

So over the weekend Steph, her sister Danielle and I went to the Happiest Place on Earth... I know what you are thinking, no we did not go to the Springfield Arms factory or the Glock factory... (two of the most magical places on Earth) We went to none other than Disneyland. It was crowded but we had a good time. I noticed something a little odd though. Heres how it all went down.

We were standing around waiting for the 50th Aniversary fireworks show to start. Every couple of minutes a pre-recorded speech would play on the loud speaker saying that in X number of minutes the show was going to start. During one part of the speech it would say "dreams really do come true." All sounds like pretty standard Disney dribble.... I'll buy that... But then it repeats the same speech in spanish for our latin american neighbors. Sounds ok right? Except for the place in the speech where it says "dreams really do come true," that part they read back in english not spanish.... Which tells me that "dreams don't come true in spanish?" Thats just sad if you ask me. Who would have thought that Disney Magic (which can do almost anything) can't translate to spanish.

On another note...
Several weeks ago Brian posted the Christmas house on his blog... I am completely addicted and can not stop watching it. That has to be our door bell ring when we get the commune up and running. It is inspiring me to write a rock opera....

6 freaks have commented.

Blogger Brian said...

No doubt!

12/15/2005 01:39:00 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
That Christmas thing!
I can't tell you how many people have sent that as one of those email forwards!

12/15/2005 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

por favor mantangase alejado de las puertas

(i ahve no idea how to spell that shit)

12/15/2005 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

AHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA!
You DAMN LOCA!!!!!!!

12/15/2005 01:18:00 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

OH SHIT! Love the banner!!!!

12/15/2005 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger Steph Calvert said...

i just wet my pants from laughing too hard. josh, you're cleanin' this mess up.

12/16/2005 10:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home