Monday, September 05, 2005

Works in Progress...

The work has officially begun at Casa de Blandford/Falligant on the Twisted Carnival.
Here are some pics to give you and idea what is coming from our mad science laboratories.
Above, Duane painted the poles for the front drives' Clown Head posts. These suckers are pretty damn tall and will DEFINITELY loom over the trick or treaters and their parents. We are gonna get two of those large size balls prolly' at WalMart and then either paper mache' em or paint on em some eerie clown faces peering down at people entering the carnival site.

Here is the start of the large clown head going over the front door of the house. To see where it's gonna be placed, check out the front house image I posted here earlier or check Bri's banner in the gallery to get the idea. This is made of the foam boards used in all of SCAD's freshmen year 3-D art projects....ahh. memories...(the foam shavings everywhere, the tired hands after shaving the ends with sandpaper). Anyway, this sucka is almost complete (we have two hair pieces for either side of his head that D is gonna finish painting and then we will attach to the back of the head.
And finally, here is one of the signs we were gonna put up either somewhere in the yard or on the outskirts of the yard in the street. Don't know what to paint on em yet, but, we wanna get good use of the masonite board Mel gave D and I on the last O-Town trip (thanks Mel). There's still much more to work on with other signs needing to be made (and some touching up on the above stuff). To also add, the photos don't show that the colors we got for painting are muted tones (not too bright), to add to the worn feel of the carnival. What do you all think so far? Keep checking back for more from the lab...

3 freaks have commented.

Blogger Mel said...

OH. MY. GOD. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED NOW!!!!!!

Did I mention I love it all? Glad to see you guys made use of some of that wood. If you guys could put one piece aside for a piece of sinage for inside (one of the longer pieces would be good) I want to make a sign like you would see at a carnival over the rides and food carts- all lit up with (string) lights. I am having trouble coming up with a good word, though...corn dogs, tickets, cotton candy, carnival?

Any ideas.

In other news, I should be emailing you guys VERY detailed plans and drawing and lists for the inside decorations sometime tomorrow. Feverishly working on them now.

I LOVE THE STUFF YOU'VE DONE SO FAR!!!

9/05/2005 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Frickin' sweet!!!!!!

9/06/2005 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

could you be any cooler!

9/06/2005 09:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home