Sunday, July 17, 2005

Twisted Carnival plans...

Yes folks.
We can finally stop looking and laughing at the Trav in black shoes and white socks and clown wig pic. HEELARIOUS....get it outta yo systems suckas.
Duane and I have finally put ideas to paper and transferred them to Photoshop.
We have provided you with our ideas for what the outside of our house is gonna look like.
The rest is up to all of you.....
Now, this is a photo that has been cropped to the best of our abilities in Photoshop, showing the entire span of the front lawn of our house and front of the house. You will notice a lot of shitty cloning stamp marks in the back. Please excuse the crudeness.
Let me direct your attention here.
Click this link to download the PDF version of the above pic.
As we begin, on the left. D and I are going to construct these two clown poles out of sheet metal (poles), and foam (for heads). For the heads, we are going to have 3 flat head shapes per pole top and they will be joined, in a triangular pattern. The clown heads on top willl NOT be 3d..that shit takes too long. Also, we were thinking of stringing those flags on ropes from the poles to the ground in front of the bushes (to kinda hide those).
This is a good place to show the kids where to enter. Beyond the clown to the left, we will block off the access from the other neighbors yard with something (we haven't decided yet).
If you go straight, that's where our garage is. We plan on getting tarp to cover the doors and paint them to resemble tent fabric. Above that, we will use foam and mount a decorative carnival-type border.
There are only two key character positions that we have thought about thus far, everyone else can input about where to be when they get here on this here blog.
Laura, as the snake charmer, will be by the tent fabric (garage) because she will have a large snake around her shoulders, made out of tubing, housing an interior air compressor hose, so when kids come up, she sprays it at them. The air compressor will be in the garage.
If we come back up front to the right of the poles, you will see Bri.
We have talked to him and since he is go good getting parents and kids riled up and getting them into the yard, he will be stationed towards the street, on a mini stage, fashioned by Duane out of wood.
To the far right of Bri, towards the other end of the circular drive, we will be having the cemetery from last year. The fencing will start at the "flower mound" in the yard and wrap around to the right to block off access from that part of the driveway, to the house. Somewhere in that area, we will be having the fog machine.....(we may need another one this year to REALLY get things smoky!).
So, to recap, we want kids to enter through the poles on the left, circle towards Laura and the front of the house.
Right above the front door, there will be a large flat piece of foamboard painted like a clown's face looking evilly down. There is a small step before you get to the porch. We don't want kids getting to this point as it can be dangerous. Mel mentioned she didn't want to dress up so we are trying to come up with a spooky way to have a ticket booth blocking the front door, and having Mel be the candy-giver. I was thinking of her hinding behind something, and putting her hands throuh holes with gloves on (like a carnival poster come to life, with her hands substituting a woman's on a poster and eye hole poked through for her to see the kids)...I dunno...let us know.
ANYHOO, to the right of the clown head, is a large sign we want out of fomeboard that will hang like it has fallen a little. I'll paint some weird spooky generic face looking down menacingly and the sign will read Spookhouse, like the house is one of those old spookhouses.
Finally, on all of the front windows, in an ode to Mel's great idea from last year, we will use some black foamcore and fashion old wooden planks "nailed" to the windows, like the building is condemned.
WHOO! This is a loooong-ass post but hopefully it gives you all an idea of what we want to do.
D and I are going to get all the supplies for this and makes all the stuff that you see here.
Now, from all of you, we need your help in littering the yard with your characters. In the coming weeks, I want people to post sketches of their costumes, the makeup they wanna have one, etc.
If you all have ideas for other things for the facade of the house, please feel free to share.
Bri is gonna be in charge of the lighting of said outside decor and we want all of your ideas on how to pump music and sound effects outside.

26 freaks have commented.

Blogger swirlogirl said...

i'm so offended by your clone stamping!

7/18/2005 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

(like a carnival poster come to life, with her hands substituting a woman's on a poster and eye hole poked through for her to see the kids)

Frikin' awesome! I cannot for the life of me come up with a picture of what this reminds me of, but those standees where you stick your head through a hole where the face would be (like at the boardwalk or a carnival etc.) could be painted all cracked out and shit. It might be studier, too.

Also, have you guys thought about using a sonotube for the pillar things? I've never costed them out or anything, but they come in a huge range of sizes, and are perfectly round.

PS- What are we gonna do with all the cars?

7/18/2005 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

You could do something like this along the driveway on the neighbors side to block it off.

Although a crazyier, dirtier, creepier version o'course.

(Yes, I have nothing to do today...)

7/18/2005 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Mel-
Hey!
We will DEFINITELY look into that tubing.....also, we had thought about the games thing on the side to block kids...that's an idea.
Also, the car thing...forgot to post it on here (thought about it this morning).
We are gonna ask the colonlel if we can all park in his driveway Halloween night and if need be on the party night. This will eliminate a big mess with kids coming in and giving us all room to roam.
Thanks fo' the ideas!
Jenn-yeh...sorry.....I just din't giveashit! LOL!

7/18/2005 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

HAHAHAHAH i'm just keeding! of course. but the pic looks rad and the ideas are fabulous. of course i don't really have any yet, but as soon as i do, i will contribute

7/18/2005 04:18:00 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

man i made a graphic for up top in flash but it appears that's a limitation? and it won't come up.. so i will be trying something else. i'm off to cry!

7/18/2005 04:30:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Sheeeeiiiiiitttttt!
SuperBri:help out Swirlogirl! I wanna see her graphic up in lights like the cool-azzzzzz ones you and Mel have done for our viewing pleasuureeeeee!

7/18/2005 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

i'm gonna try an animated gif. plop!

7/18/2005 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

hahah ok i put my gif up. it's supposed to be like you're on an out of control ride teehee

7/18/2005 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Friggin' love it. I don't know why the flash didn't work.

7/20/2005 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Jen-
Ditto to Bri's comment!
I just now saw it and I friggin' LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

7/20/2005 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

hahahah thanks guys i think im gonna hurl

7/20/2005 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Aim it at Steph...

7/21/2005 09:11:00 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

If anyone else wants to make a banner, or more of them. Send them to me and I'll put it up!

7/21/2005 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Thanks Bri!
Will do!

7/21/2005 02:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a new one myself today. Nothing crazy. Just the exterior of the house with some colors and shitz.

7/21/2005 04:23:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Who did the BADASS pumpkin banner at the top? Bri? Mel?
It looks frigging AWESOME!~ I love the font!

7/21/2005 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Bri-
Did you do the one with the front of the house with the lighting?
That's cool as shit...just saw it....
Is that a sign of what's to come from our lighting guru?
LOVE where you're thinking of placing the colors!

7/21/2005 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Jen, LURVE the banner! Where'd ya get the carnival font?

7/22/2005 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I did a bunch new banners. I am gonna add a link to the banner gallery on the right bar at some point today. And to answer your question,

Yes, I did the lit up house. It is an idea of what I may do.

Yes, I did the pumpkin one. (and three others)

7/22/2005 05:55:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Bri-
They all LOOK RAD!
TOO COOL!
I am working on one soon but I want you to check your email.....have something for you!

7/22/2005 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I got it and it is posted!!!! LOVE IT!!!

7/23/2005 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger swirlogirl said...

HAHAHAH i lvoe the one of trav's feet!

7/24/2005 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

DEAD.MEAT.

7/25/2005 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

It wasn't me...but like I said, I may or may not have been consulted on choosing a font.

7/25/2005 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

And I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

7/26/2005 02:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home